At this time of year, retailers are trying their hardest to get some decent sales figures in – especially in the current financial climate. But one organisation in particular seems to have got it right with what appears to be very little effort and a lot of outsource arrangements:
- They have a CEO who you never see but there are lots of people who aspire to be him
- These “wannabes” pay for their own work clothing and transportation costs
- They buy the inventory themselves at no cost to the organisation
- They act as a fulfilment centre for incoming requests from the end user and distribute once again at no cost to the organisation.
- They have no premises yet the Royal Mail and USPS manage to get post to them without any problem
- What little work they do themselves is restricted to a few weeks only each year and they take extended vacations
- No matter how disappointed you are with the product you receive, you never complain directly to them
- They manage to do all of this with no apparent IT infrastructure
Is this your company that is being described here? Not unless you work for Santa Claus Inc!
A very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!
Click here to “Bring on the trumpet!” or for a real trumpet legend, the brilliant Wayne Bergeron with the Tom Kubis Big Band