Wednesday 3rd November
Well, what a way to start the day – a highly entertaining keynote from Gary Whitney from the Intercontinental Hotel Group.
- “To have customers live your brand have to engage your people”
- “A brand is delivered by the people at the front line.”
- “if you want people to love your brand, you had better love your people!”
- “It’s the first follower who makes the leader”
The last point was very amusingly demonstrated by the use of the video below – this came back to haunt us later that day during dinner when Jeff Carr started the dance in the restaurant!
Next up, the Saba Customer Excellence Awards – I am delighted to report that Legal & General were awarded the Collaboration & Social Media Power Award for our use of the Saba Collaboration tools within Saba Learning. This is another well deserved tribute for the team – well done team!
The next session was led by Saba founder, Bobby Yazdani and featured 6 young entrepreneurs – I wasn’t quite sure what to expect but this turned out to be a great session! Here’s some brief notes and links from this session:
- Qwiki – this is a really cool way of delivering content – go visit the site to get the true experience of this. Pure genius!
- Meet Seymour, the AI Concierge courtesy of Cleversense
- Get your customers to add themselves to a web based CRM system – from the people who bought you webs.com, this is contactme.com.
- We saw him last night with Fitz and the Tantrums, this morning he shared his work in creating music for advertising . newmath.tv
- A moving story which led to the creation of 1000 Memories.com, a place to remember loved ones.
Next session up was my own session – I’ll be devoting a separate post to cover my material for that shortly.
The next couple of sessions I attended were product related – firstly, as we are just about to upgrade to 5.5, a session on product improvements which included:
- More support for blended learning
- Informal learning can now be used to close competency gaps
- Tasks can be assigned to all types of learning
- Ad Hoc reporting
- Mentors can be assigned in your profile
Final session was on Content – a few new things to consider apart from the social aspects which have already been mentioned:
- Saba Publisher 10 is now GA
- Detect and fix – regress SCORM to find errors.
- Export Centra to flv, mp4, mp3
- Saba “Webster” – a new free tool to tag informal content on your intranet
David Koehn of Saba was predicting that there will be less formal learning but it will become higher value.
To finish the day, another great summary from Peter Olguin.